When in Greece, do as the Grecians do… well Mexican guacamole ingredients may be difficult to get if you’re not in the center of Athens. Problem: fresh cilantro and jalapeno. Solution: pepperoncini/cayenne pepper, fresh parsley. Answer: improvise with other local ingredients, guacamole can be made in variety of ways.
4 large or 6 small avocados
4 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp sliced pepperoncini peppers (or) 1/2 tsp pepperoncici flakes/cayenne pepper
2 cloves of fresh garlic
1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- A hand-full of chopped fresh pasley
A hand-full sliced oil-pack sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup goat cheese/feta crumbles
- squeeze 1/2 fresh lime juice
- Remove peels and pits from avocados and put all the flesh in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add yogurt and pepperoncini, garlic, black pepper, cumin, and sea salt.
- Mash everything together with a fork until you reach desired consistency and everything is thoroughly combined.
- Stir in sliced peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, goat/feta cheese crumbles, and lime juice. Reserving some garnish, if desired.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
Serves 6. Dang that’s good! ;)