- a good source of antioxidants
- heart health
- strong bones
- It lower blood pressure
- sources of minerals, especially potassium and magnesium
- a source of vitamins, especially vitamin K and niacin
For more information on health benefits of tomatoes ~ http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=44
Antioxidants in Sun-Dried Tomatoes vs. Raw Tomatoes ~ http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/antioxidants-sundried-tomatoes-vs-raw-tomatoes-2392.html
- 2 clove raw garlic (or) 4 – 5 cloves of roasted garlic
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- a little pepperoncini
- 1/3 cup of raw pine nuts/pistachios/cashews (I used raw cashews)!
- 1/3 jar of organic sun-dried tomato
- a handful fresh basil leaves
- add a few fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- 1/3 + cup of first pressed, cold press, extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 plum tomato blanched, peeled and seeded
- Some pecorino/romano/parmesan cheese (or) Braggs nutritional yeast
》Place ingredients in a small food processor and blend a few times to get the right texture for a spread/pesto-paste.
Makes a great spread on a nice slice of oven toasted artesian bread, put on a rice/corn cake cracker, or on a pasta noodle of your choice. Delish!
Bon Appetit! 🙂