I been longing to post this for some time, I’ve seen this on a few “do-it-yourself/homesteading” websites. Had to try this for myself, and the results were satisfactory! The key thing here is be be sure to get some raw cream from grass-fed cows/organic full fat cream. You’ll notice the difference in taste on the type of cream you choose.
Health Benefits of Real Butter ~
- Butter is rich in the most easily absorbable form of Vitamin A necessary for thyroid and adrenal health.
- Contains lauric acid, important in treating fungal infections and candida.
- Contains lecithin, essential for cholesterol metabolism.
- Contains anti-oxidants that protect against free radical damage.
- Has anti-oxidants that protect against weakening arteries.
- Is a great source of Vitamins E and K.
- Is a very rich source of the vital mineral selenium.
- Saturated fats in butter have strong anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties.
- Butter contains conjugated linoleic acid, which is a potent anti-cancer agent, muscle builder, and immunity booster
- Vitamin D found in butter is essential to absorption of calcium.
- Protects against tooth decay.
- Is your only source of an anti-stiffness factor, which protects against calcification of the joints.
- Anti-stiffness factor in butter also prevents hardening of the arteries, cataracts, and calcification of the pineal gland.
- Is a source of Activator X, which helps your body absorb minerals.
- Is a source of iodine in highly absorbable form.
- May promote fertility in women.9
- Is a source of quick energy, and is not stored in our bodies adipose tissue.
- Cholesterol found in butterfat is essential to children’s brain and nervous system development.
- Contains Arachidonic Acid (AA) which plays a role in brain function and is a vital component of cell membranes.
- Protects against gastrointestinal infections in the very young or the elderly.
Continue reading on The 20 Health Benefits of Real Butter ~ http://bodyecology.com/articles/benefits_of_real_butter.php#.UtpjJRD8LIU
- 6 cups organic/raw heavy cream
- cheese cloth (optional) I did this with and without
- sea salt (I use Himilayan salt) to taste
Yields about 1 lb of butter
Other instructional butter tutorials ~
Other DIY Links :
- DIY Chia Seed Power Drink
- DIY Homemade Rawtella Recipe
- DIY Calcium from Eggshells
- DIY Homemade Coconut Butter
- DIY gluten-free vegan crackers
- DIY Vanilla Bean Powder
- DIY Pickled Ginger
- DIY Anti-Cellulite Cream & Coffee Scrub
- DIY Infused Medicinal Honey
- DIY Herbal Steam Facials, Toners, Facial Masks, & Moisturizers
- DIY Homemade Natural Sunscreen Suntan Oil
- DIY Rose Water & Benefits
- DIY Citrus Cleaner
- DIY Fluoride Free Natural Toothpaste
- DIY Health & Beauty tips – Teeth Whitener & Hair Care