Coconut Yogurt by Elaina Love of Pure Joy Planet
How to make COCONUT YOGURT
You can add a cup or two of raw almonds that have been soaked for 24 hours and make coconut almond yogurt too!
It’s so yummy… enjoy! 😉
5 Healing Benefits of Coconut
1. Coconut has been traditionally used in folk medicine for common ailments such as abscesses, burns, colds, constipation, cough, fever, flu, ulcers and upset stomach, even menstrual cramps (note to self – eat more coconut flesh).
2. Coconut is used in modern medicine to help kill the fungi and yeasts that cause candida overgrowth, thrush and diaper rash. (Diaper rash is also due to using toxic diapers, go natural mommas!)
3. Coconut reduces inflammation, helps reduce any irritation that may be caused by hemorrhoids and improves bowel function.
4. Coconut is an anti-oxidant which helps protect the body from free radicals and promotes a youthful appearance and healthy skin.
5. For those of you who need thyroid support, Coconut is used to support thyroid function so while you’re laying off the cruciferous veggies, have some yogurt!
6. Coconut can help your body absorb calcium and magnesium as well as other vitamins, minerals and amino acids. AKA – better absorption, healthier body and strong teeth and bones.
7. Coconut is even know to help prevent tooth decay which can be a concern to raw vegans if they’re not converting Vitamin K1 to K2 effectively. Eating more coconut is helpful to anyone who wants to maintain healthy teeth.
8. Coconut can help you lose weight by speeding up the metabolism function of the body.
9. Coconut promotes healthy looking hair and skin, by providing the body nourishment of essential fats, vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Learn more on how to make Raw Vegan Vanilla Blueberry Coconut Yogurt Parfait
- 160 Uses for Coconut Oil
- Raw Coconut Lime Tarts
- DIY Raw Organic Almond, Coconut, & Rice Milks
- Health & Wellness