I was looking for a mustard recipe that I may use for different entrees, making your own mustard sauce instead of the store bought kind has some amazing health properties, each teaspoon of mustard has…
|Nutrients||Yellow Mustard Seeds (1 tsp)|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids||87.1 mg|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids||84.2 mg|
Whether you consume it as a seed, whole or ground, or as a sauce, you will definitely be able to reap the benefits of mustard. Take a look at all that it has to offer. Also presented is the nutritional value of mustard seeds to understand the nutrients they are endowed with, to provide all the goodness they do.
- Prevents Gastrointestinal Cancer: Mustard seeds contain phytonutrient compounds that help prevent the risk of developing gastrointestinal cancer. These compounds in a variety of studies conducted, have found to restrict the growth of already prevalent cancerous cells and further inhibit the development of more such cells.
- Prevents Rheumatoid Arthritis: One of the primary benefits of mustard seeds is that they are rich in selenium and magnesium. These nutrients have shown to reduce the prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis, and the severity of asthma due to its anti-inflammatory properties. The magnesium content in mustard seeds helps reduce high blood pressure.
- Reduces Migraine Attacks: The health benefits of yellow mustard also include their ability to reduce migraine attacks, to prevent the body from the development of heart disease, and to ease some of the painful symptoms of menopause.
- May Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease: The anti-inflammatory compounds in yellow mustard, according to some studies, have shown to be able to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Mustard seeds are rich sources of antioxidants, and have antifungal and antiseptic properties that make their consumption highly useful for the body.
- Enhances Metabolic Rate: Mustard seeds have the capacity to increase the body’s metabolic rate, that not only is beneficial for the body, but also eases the process of digestion. As such, it is a good choice for weight watchers.
- Low Calorie Dressing: Another benefit of yellow mustard for weight watchers is that it can, and should be consumed instead of other dressings rich in carbohydrates and sugars, such as ketchup and mayonnaise, as it is low in calories.
- Powerhouse of Essential Nutrients: As you may have noticed, yellow mustard is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, selenium, and zinc. As such, it is a valuable source of several nutrients that are essential for a healthy, well-functioning body.
- 3 Large Free-Ranged Egg Yolks
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Syrup (optional)
- 3 – 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 – 5 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard powder (you can add more or less to your taste)
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Olive Oil (1st press, cold press, extra virgin)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the egg yolks, lemon juice, brown rice syrup, minced garlic, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whip it. Whip it good. Seriously, use a machine to blend these together, your arms will burn wielding a whisk.
- Turn your mixer on high and pour the oil into the bowl in the thinnest stream possible. Yes, it will dribble down the side of your measuring cup, it will get on your counter, you’ll pour it in cautiously slowly and sometimes too fast. The mayonnaise will survive as long as you try to pour it in slowly. This is how emulsification works.
- When you’ve finished pouring in the oil, let it whip for another minute and then turn off the mixer. The mayonnaise should be pale yellow, flecked with mustard grains and thick (but not as thick as it will be after a stay in your fridge to chill). You’re finished.
This recipe can be used as a great dip for Shrimp, Crabmeat, Duck, Brussels Sprouts, Jimcama, Radishes, avocado & sprouts, etc, etc, etc.
Just wash & clean small potatoes, place in oven tray with a little olive oil, sea salt, & fresh rosemary. Bake @ 375 ° for 40 minutes or until golden brown, let it cool slightly and than add Mustard Garlic Mayonnaise mic to the potatoes. Yum!
Related Links: Recipes