This recipe not only taste great, but it’s quick & easy and a low budget meal that the whole family will love. This may be one of your children’s favorites!
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil (1st press , cold press, extra virgin)
- 1 tsp of basil – dry or fresh
- 1 tsp of oregano – dry or fresh
- a pinch of chili pepper powder
- sea salt & fresh pepper to taste
- 2 medium fresh ripe tomatoes
- macaroni noodle or any small noodle pasta – half a pack
- water – 1/3 of a pot
- a handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Grated mizithra Greek cheese – a great traditional, unpasteurized fresh cheese made with milk and whey from sheep and/or goat.
- Start by filling the pot with 1/3 of water, heat water until boil
- While the water is on the burner, take a sauce pan & add olive oil, garlic and onion, also add all the spices while sauteing. Add more or less of the spices according to your taste. Cook until tender (5 – 6 minutes), more or less.
- Wash & clean the tomatoes, slice them in half and then grate the tomatoes in a bowl using everything except the skin. Nothing taste better then fresh grated tomato sauce!
- The water by now should be in full boil, add the contents of the sauce pan to the boiling water, & the fresh grated tomato sauce, stir and lower the heat.
- Now add macaroni noodles & cook for 10 – 15 minutes tops! Keep stirring to make sure the noodles do not stick to the bottom of the pot, at the last 5 minutes add fresh parsley.
- It’s ready to serve! In each serving add some mizithra grated Greek cheese on top.
Total time: 20 minutes Serves: 3 -4 people
- Chicken Soup for the Cold…
- Squid & Spinach Soup
- Veggie Fish Soup
- Spicy Indian Dahl Lentil Soup