Well, it’s my Top 10 anyway… try these delicious recipes and be the judge yourself.
Get a high end blender and use it every day, smoothies gives you nature’s bioavailable vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants and fiber to start your day. Smoothies are one of the best forms of “brain fuel” in the form of fructose and empower your immune system to protect you from illnesses. Make a routine out of it. Set apart 10-20 minutes every morning. Use the recommended fruits chart and get the majority of your daily nutrition all before lunch. Further, the high water and nutrient content will keep you hydrated and provide you with a feeling of well being all day.
- 1 1/2 cup organic raw milk, plain kefir/Greek yogurt or milks of choice
- 1-3 free-ranged organic eggs
- 1-2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1-3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 cups frozen organic strawberries (depending on desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 mango
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 – 1 whole fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp raw agave syrup (or) raw honey
- 6 ice cubes
Blend all ingredients on high until creamy. Add more ice or water as needed, and enjoy.
- 3 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1 fresh lime juice only
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 15 ice cubes
4. Gianni’s Signature Smoothie (via the Renegade Health king himself)
- A bunch of Frozen Fruits (Strawberry, Cherry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, etc)
- Hemp Seed
- Cacao Powder or Nibs
- Maca (1Tbsp)
- Coconut Water or Filtered Water
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Head of Bok Choy
Kevin doesn’t measure..just dumps it all in a Vita Mix and enjoys. Maca is a powerful hormone regulator. Toss it in for an extra vitality boost.
5. Raw chocolate smoothie (From: Market Kitchen)
- 130 g cashew nuts, or 1 heaping Tbsp cashew butter
- 750 ml Filtered water or milk
- 4 medjool dates, or 4 Tbsp raw agave nectar
- 2 heaping Tbsp of raw powdered cacao or chocolate
- 4 raw beetroot peeled
- 4 apples
- 1 pomegranate – seeds only
- 2 cm ginger
- ½ lemon
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Put the beetroot, apples, pomegranate (reserve a few seeds for garnish if desired), lemon and ginger through a juice extractor.
- Transfer the mixed juice to a blender, add the banana and honey and whiz until smooth. Taste and add more honey if you like it sweeter.
- Pour into a glass and serve, garnished with the reserved pomegranate seeds if desired.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, & diced
- 1 pear, peeled, cored, & diced
- 250 ml low-fat Greek yogurt
- 250 ml apple juice
- 1 tsp of pure organic vanilla extract
- pinches ground cinnamon
- 6 frozen organic strawberries
- 1 banana, peeled and broken into chunks
- 1 large heaping of Greek low-fat yogurt
- 1 orange – juice only
9. Honeydew-Kiwi Fruit Smoothie
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and cut up
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and cut up
- 2 Tbsp raw agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 – 3 cup ice cubes
- Honeydew and/or kiwifruit slices garnish
10. Watermelon Lime Frosty
Ingredients (for 4 people)
6 cups watermelon, cubed and frozen
2 ripe bananas, peeled and frozen
4 tablespoons raw honey
Zest & juice from 4 limes
1 cup filtered water
Blend all ingredients in a blender until it becomes a smooth puree,
add more water as required to keep the mixture moving.
- 1 peach, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice, or as needed
- 1 tsp of organic pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 ice cubes
Coconut & Banana Smoothie
- 2 bananas.
- a little pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 pineapple
- coconut shaving for garnish
- 1/2 ripe avocado (no avocado taste is present, just there for the creamy, wonderfulness).
- 1 very ripe frozen banana
- 1.5-2 tbsp raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (almond, rice, chia, hemp, sesame)
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint flavor (you can find this at your local health food store)
- stevia, coconut palm sugar, or raw local honey to preference (optional)
- cacao nibs (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until all is combined.
If you don’t want to freeze your banana, that works too but it’ll affect the overall texture. I recommend freezing it for at least a few hours, but it’ll still taste yum with a fresh banana. Also, you may freeze the avocado too for extra creamy/ice cream-like texture!
I didn’t even need to add sweetener because it was so yum on its own, but add to your preference of course. Perhaps an addition of raw wildflower honey would be swell🙂.
* All of these delicious recipes can be made into frozen pops – desserts! Yum!