So simply, yet pure…
The best part of going to the farmer’s market is getting fresh local produce from the near by villages/farmers. Most vegetables are seasonal and there are other methods as indoor organic green houses & hydroponics. Get to know your vendors and their personal methods they use. We have one who grows one of the most amazing organic hydroponic tomatoes!
Well, when I see fresh tomatoes I think… Greek Village Salad! I could never get bored of this salad, as a matter of fact, starting this time of year and until fall, I usually eat this salad at least 4 times a week for lunch. But be sure to get the best of all the ingredients; this is a natural staple foods for a mediterranean diet.
Ingredients: All Organic…
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 large or 3 small cucumbers
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium – large green pepper
- feta goat cheese
- few Kalamata olives
- Kalamata olive oil
- 1 – 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Sprinkle some oregano
- salt & pepper to taste or…
- (optional) Gomasio instead of salt & pepper
- Paximadia – Dried rusk bread made of whole meal barley flour of stone mill, whole wheat grain flour, whole meal rye flour, olive oil, leaven, yeast, salt.
Peel, Dice, Mix, and have a few paximadia on the side to soak the rusks in the juice of the salad.
Don’t need to tell you that all on this list has maga nutritional values…
Heaven! Enjoy 🙂
- Eating Fruits & Vegetables According To Seasons
- Make Your Own Gomasio
- Horta – Dandelion (weed vegetables)
- Greek Zucchini Pie
- Beets & Beet Greens Recipe
- Squid & Spinach Soup