So simply, yet pure…
The best part of going to the farmer’s market is getting fresh local produce from the near by villages/farmers. Most vegetables are seasonal and there are other methods as indoor organic green houses & hydroponics. Get to know your vendors and their personal methods they use. We have one who grows one of the most amazing organic hydroponic tomatoes!
Well, when I see fresh tomatoes I think… Greek Village Salad! I could never get bored of this salad, as a matter of fact, starting this time of year and until fall, I usually eat this salad at least 4 times a week for lunch. But be sure to get the best of all the ingredients; this is a natural staple foods for a mediterranean diet.
Ingredients: All Organic…
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 large or 3 small cucumbers
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium – large green pepper
- feta goat cheese
- few Kalamata olives
- Kalamata olive oil
- 1 – 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Sprinkle some oregano
- salt & pepper to taste or…
- (optional) Gomasio instead of salt & pepper
- Paximadia – Dried rusk bread made of whole meal barley flour of stone mill, whole wheat grain flour, whole meal rye flour, olive oil, leaven, yeast, salt.
Peel, Dice, Mix, and have a few paximadia on the side to soak the rusks in the juice of the salad.
Don’t need to tell you that all on this list has maga nutritional values…