By: Yolanda Bertaud
- Frozen Squid – med to large sz
- Fresh Spinach – large bunch
- 1 large onion
- Parsley – fresh hand-full
- Dill (fresh or dry) pinch
- Crush Red Pepper Flakes – to your taste
- Tumeric – 1/2 tsp
- Sea Salt & Pepper – to you taste
- Tomato Paste – organic small can, 2 Tbsp. +/-
- Olive Oil – 1st press, cold press, extra virgin, Greek (Best)
- rinse & clean large bunch of spinach, place in large pot of water, cover & let it boil until 15 – 20 mins (until spinach has shrunk to water level).
- rinse & clean the squid, and be sure to remove the jell like bone, chop into medium size chucks
- place squid & onion in a pan with olive oil, saute for a few minutes and then transfer contents to pot of spinach
- add tomato paste, parsley, dill, olive oil (about 2 – 3 tbsp), crush red pepper flakes, tumeric, salt & pepper, add water if needed.
- cook for another 1/2 hour to 40 minutes
Serves 4 ~Enjoy 🙂
Q: Is Red Pepper Flakes the same as Cayenne Pepper?
A: Both red peppers and cayenne peppers are in the same family, but cayenne pepper is much more spicy than just red pepper. You can find cayenne pepper ground in the grocery store labeled Ground Red Pepper (Cayenne) or just Cayenne Pepper.
- Go Fish, Green Fish, Veggie Fish Soup
- 10 Health Benefits of Squid
- 11 Health Benefits of Spinach
- Eating Fruits & Vegetables According To Seasons
- Make Your Own Gomasio
- Horta – Dandelion (weed vegetables)
- Greek Zucchini Pie
- Beets & Beet Greens Recipe
- Greek Village Salad